Any currency conversion from NZD will be indicative only
|Package Rate (min stay)||Max Guests||
Chief Henshaw — Nightly
This beautiful ground floor apartment is designed to be family-friendly. With three separate bedrooms, a spacious, well-lit dining/living area, full kitchen (including dishwasher, fridge, hob & oven and Nespresso machine), TV and WIFI. Every family member is well catered for here. Sleeps six guests.
You are free to make this space your own with fully adjustable lighting and air conditioning. If you’re keen on self-catering, Chief Henshaw has a full kitchen and a dining table large enough to comfortably seat the group.
Luxury touches and thoughtful attention to detail can be found everywhere, from the Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules in the kitchen to the gorgeous West Coast Koha Spa toiletries in the sparkling, white-tiled bathroom. The warm earth tones and scruffily elegant furnishings create a welcoming, comfortable vibe that will have you looking forward to a quiet night in. Everywhere you look, you’ll find something new to engage your attention and curiosity.
Chief Millard — Nightly
A well-planned ground floor apartment with full disabled access and accessible shower, toilet and kitchenette. Chief Millard is decorated in soothing off-whites and ocean hues. Designed to sleep a maximum of four guests, with a king-sized double bed and queen-sized sofa bed.
Fully adjustable lighting and air conditioning mean that you can fine-tune your environment to suit your needs at the touch of a button. Both WIFI and a widescreen TV are at your disposal. The kitchenette comes with microwave, fridge and Nespresso machine, making it easy to self-cater for breakfast and lunch if you can’t bear to leave the comfort afforded by Chief Millard. The comfortably scuffed three-seater leather sofa and chairs invite you to take the time to pause, read and relax in the tranquility of this unique space. This apartment effortlessly radiates a contemporary, quirky and charming feel.
Ground floor fully accessible kitchenette Studio Apartment.
Chief MacFarlane — Nightly
This airy upper level studio apartment has everything you could possibly need in a single room. A king-sized double bed (plus a queen sofa bed), neat kitchenette with a Nespresso machine, microwave and fridge plus a gorgeous, fully-tiled ensuite bathroom.
Chief MacFarlane is a well-appointed apartment with lots of natural light and a view across Hokitika township. Decorated in muted sage green and warm white, the studio feels clean and spacious with more than a touch of luxury.
Air conditioning, adjustable lighting, WIFI and a flat screen TV come as standard. Whether you’re after the perfect hideaway for two or a family adventure – this studio has everything you need. Apartment sleeps a maximum of four guests.
Chief Shain — Nightly
This tranquil studio apartment sits on the upper level of the Fire Station, offering a naturally light space with views of Hokitika township. Fully equipped with a sparkling, modern kitchenette, ensuite bathroom and a generous king-sized double bed plus queen-sized sofa bed.
Chief Shane is decorated in tones reflecting the West Coast skies, with muted blues and greys creating a calm, tranquil atmosphere. The apartment makes the most of natural light that floods in from its large windows. As with all five apartments, Chief Shane is fully air-conditioned, with dimmer switches that help you to create lighting to suit your mood later in the day.
The kitchenette is equipped with a microwave, fridge and Nespresso machine, so you really can wake up and smell the coffee. These facilities give you the flexibility to self-cater, if you can resist the lure of the cafes and restaurants on offer just around the corner. Sleeps a maximum of four guests.
Chief Thompson — Nightly
Decorated in a soothing colour palate of sand, grass and stone, Chief Thompson comfortably sleeps four guests with a king-sized double bed and queen-sized sofa bed. The gorgeous ensuite bathroom, well-appointed kitchenette, air-conditioning, TV and WIFI complete the space.
From the quirky ladder lighting to the fire police helmet, you won’t forget the history behind our gorgeous building. Complimentary coffee capsules for the Nespresso machine are a welcoming touch, as are the gorgeous West Coast toiletries and hairdryer in the well-appointed bathroom.
For guests who like to get away without getting out of touch, Chief Thompson has free WIFI and a widescreen TV and the fully adjustable air conditioning and lighting allow you to really make yourself feel at home. A kitchenette with microwave, Nespresso coffee machine and fridge mean you can have breakfast in bed every morning. No time constraints here, just a laid-back West Coast welcome.
Each apartment at the Hokitika Fire Station has it’s own unique feel but all five are equally welcoming, with thoughtful touches of luxury. Whether you’re looking for a large family apartment or a studio for two, there’s something for every guest.
The apartments also offer shared, fully-equipped laundry facilities, a secure storage area and a beautiful outdoor patio and fireplace for star-gazers. Have a look at our apartments.
Between 3:00 pm and 10:00 pm
9am - 8pm
Hokitika is a quirky little town with a whole lot to offer, whether you want to sample some local history, plunge headfirst into outdoor adventure, feast on fantastic food or simply relax around town. It’s the perfect location to immerse yourself in gold-mining and greenstone (pounamu) and we’re only a stone’s throw from stunning scenery, beautiful beaches, the West Coast cycle trail and the Hokitika Gorge.
There’s always more to Hoki than meets the eye.
Acceptance of a reservation is acknowledgment and agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Full payment is required to secure every booking and must be paid at the time of booking.
- This can be paid by bank transfer (3day window), MasterCard or Visa (+ 2% fee) via Secure Payment Express. Bookings may be cancelled without notice if the deposit is not received by the agreed due date.
- We adopt dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms, products and services fluctuates based on demand and other factors. Before confirming a reservation or purchase, we will provide you with a total price for the requested number of rooms and nights. Depending on the room rate selected, payment is due at the time the reservation and is made through our site. Prices quoted are current at time of booking, inclusive of GST and firm upon full payment for the specified time and duration.
- The tariff is based on the number of guests and type of accommodation for the specified time and duration. Any changes thereto may change the tariff.
- Once your payment has been received you will receive confirmation by email. Please check that all details on your Booking Confirmation are correct.
- The person named on the Booking Confirmation is liable for any damage/Loss caused to the accommodation or its fixtures and fittings. In such an event the customer gives the management of Hokitika Fire Station authority to be recompensed for loss.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into Hokitika Fire Station. A full refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Non-refundable bookings have no option to cancel or receive a refund.
- Bookings made via an online agent such as Booking.com, Airbnb or Expedia must be cancelled by the guest via this agent before HFS is able to formally cancel the booking. Bookings made through a third-party website are subject to that site’s terms and conditions. Please be aware these may differ from ours.
- Strictly NO pets allowed.
- Minimum stay periods may apply to weekends, public holidays and peak season.
- We reserve the right to eject guests from the premises who are deemed by management to be behaving in a socially unacceptable way; causing damage; disturbing other guests. No refund will be given and charges will apply for any damage caused.
- HFS strongly recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your trip that has cover for losses incurred through accommodation cancellation.
- We are a 100% New Zealand owned and operated company.
All cancellations must be made in writing using your surname and reservation number as reference.
A 75% refund will apply to cancellations 72 hours or more before the date of arrival.
No refunds will apply to cancellations within 72 hours of the date of arrival.
If an amendment results in shortening of the stay or a reduction in guest numbers, it will be treated as a cancellation.
If you cancel an amended booking it will be treated as within 72hrs of the arrival date.
- Non-arrival on the first night of the booking (without notification) automatically cancels entire booking.
- Refunds are not given for early departure.
- Each online booking website has its own cancellation/refund policy that might also be relevant to the specific deal that is being offered - please check with the relevant website.
When you register or give us personal information when making a reservation with us, it will be held on the Hokitika Fire Station database. Hokitika Fire Station will not, except as required by law, share this information with any other third parties without your permission.
The protection of your privacy is important to us. That is why we have prepared this document to ensure you are aware of your rights and our commitment to your privacy. HFS complies with the Privacy Act and regulates the way in which we deal with your personal information. In this Policy the words “we”, “our” or “us” means Hokitika Fire Station.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 The type of personal information we collect about you includes:
2.1.1 your name and address:
2.1.2 your telephone numbers:
2.1.3 your email address:
2.1.4 your computer IP address from our website:
2.1.5 your financial information (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services, products and membership or personal credit information when you make payments to us): and
2.2 We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
2.2.1 in any discussions we have with you whether in person or by telephone:
2.2.3 through our accounts and payments you make:
2.2.4 through our website or email server by way of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the website to remember something about you at a later time for example by storing information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
3. Use of personal information
3.1 We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
3.1.2 to provide you with information and updates including but not limited to marketing material and special offers:
3.1.3 to arrange for accommodation or collection of prizes:
3.1.4 to compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer: and
3.1.7 to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website.
3.2 If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may “opt out” of our list and your name will be removed from our marketing list.
4. The quality of your personal information
4.1 We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
4.2 We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
4.3 You may contact us and request particulars of the personal information we hold about you, and whether that personal information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. You can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.The security of personal information
5.1 We are committed to maintaining the highest level of security of our client(s) files and personal information.
5.2 We use the following security measures to protect personal information:
5.2.1 locked offices:
5.2.2 locked files
5.2.3 passwords on all our computers:
5.2.4 a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored: and
5.2.5 virus protection software.
5.3 We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 3.1 of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-indentify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period allowed by law.
6. Disclosure of personal information
6.1 We may disclose personal information to:
6.1.2 any other party to which the law obliges us to.
6.2 We will not knowingly pass on your personal information to other organisations without your consent.
7. Do you have any concerns, queries, disputes or complaints?
7.2 If you have any disputes or complaints, we will attend to them as a priority and may request that you put your dispute or complaint in writing. Our staff will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time.