Chalet With Chef
Book Valhalla Lodge for private use by your group only, with lodge staff and chef.
Minimum spend 6 persons, Maximum guests 25adults
Classic Summer Package includes:
- exclusive use of Valhalla Lodge with in house chef and lodge staff
- à la carte breakfast served 7:30 - 8:30am
- packed lunch with morning tea and fruit
- pre-dinner chef choice snack
- 2 course table d'hôte set dinner served at 7pm
- self serve tea and coffee (specialty coffees and other drinks can be ordered through wait staff)
- spacious lounge room with fire place
- alpine style dining room
- tv/games room with ping pong table
- outdoor open air deck
- drying room
- 12 bedrooms, each with ensuite
4 Mountain View Rooms
- 1 x king bed. Bedding can be changed to 2 single beds at a surcharge of $40 per room
- 2 rooms have a maximum of 2 persons per room
- 1 room accommodates 1 additional child on a 3/4 fold out (please enquire)
- 1 room accommodates 1 additional adult on a full size rollaway
- rooms face over the front of the lodge with expansive mountain and valley views
- 1 king or 2 single beds
- maximum 2 persons per room
- there is no space for any additional children/bedding
- rooms overlook snowgum bushland
- 1 x king bed and 2 x single beds or 2 x king beds
- Bedding can be changed to 4 x single beds at a surcharge of $40
- maximum 4 persons plus 1 child on 3/4 fold out (please enquire)
Bookings must be made at least 5 days prior to arrival due to catering reasons.
Any currency conversion from AUD will be indicative only
Private Whole Lodge Booking with Chef
King or Twin bed rooms
Valhalla Lodge is located within Kosciuszko National Park, in the remote ski village of Perisher Valley.
At Valhalla you'll experience the fun, relaxation and vibe of holidaying in a traditional mountain lodge that brims with alpine spirit and warm mountain hospitality. Holidaying in a lodge is a very different experience to staying in a hotel or apartment. Your lodge hosts will make you feel at home and you will quickly get to know your fellow guests by name with late afternoon drinks and nibbles by the fire, followed by friendly relaxed alpine style dining.
Snow season runs from June Long Weekend to October Long Weekend. Snow cover is subject to Mother Nature. Typically the lodge is completely snowbound from July through mid September.
Superior mountain lodge (self rated 3.5 star ski lodge)
- Stunning mountain and valley views from all common areas
- 4 King Mountain View Rooms with ensuites
- 6 Snowgum Rooms with ensuites (king or twin beds)
- 2 Interconnecting Rooms each with ensuite
- Rooms are classic lodge style with no tv or minibars
- Spacious lounge room with fire and floor to ceiling views across the mountains and valley
- Cosy alpine dining room (the Dining Hall of Valhalla)
- Separate tv/games room with ping pong table.
- Outdoor open air deck (for summer use)
- Boot/ski/board/drying room
- Licensed lodge
- Private guest only lodge with no public bar
General Room Facilities
- Ensuite with hairdryer
- Wardrobe + plenty of room for baggage
- Opening windows
- Central heating
- Bedding is either one king bed or two single beds
- Soaps, towels, linen provided
- Lamp, clock, chair
Being traditional lodge style, there are no televisions or minibars in guest rooms
During Ski Season, parking is off mountain at Bullocks Flat SkiTube Terminal. Parking is free, however you will have to purchase an On Mountain Guest Skitube Pass for transport to Perisher. Alternatively you can arrange a private/shuttle transfer. Valhalla Lodge is snowbound for most of the ski season. Despite snow conditions, NPWS enforce road closures in the village. There is no winter overnight on mountain parking nearby the lodge, with the exception of June Long Weekend and late September when NPWS may allow parking dependent upon snow conditions and weather forecasts.
Parking in summer is at or nearby the lodge. Please note that Kosciuszko National Park entry fees are not included in your tariff and must be paid directly to NPWS online or at the park gates.
Between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm
Due to strict NPWS bed licensing restrictions, only the number of guests booked will be allowed to stay overnight, no extra guests will be permitted including children and babies.
Standard Booking Policy For Direct Bookings
FOR BOOKINGS MADE WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF ARRIVAL: FULL PAYMENT is required upon booking.
FOR BOOKINGS MADE MORE THAN 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: A deposit of 5% of the total booking cost is required upon reservation (or within 7 days). Final payment will be due 4 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings are not guaranteed unless paid in full 4 weeks prior to arrival.
For Direct Bookings
Date changes made at least 3 weeks prior to original arrival date are permitted, free of charge.
Rebooking prices will be subject to availability and rates of the new dates selected.
Standard Cancellation Policy For Direct Bookings
If notice is given more than 4 weeks prior to check in, your deposit will be refunded less a $50 administration fee per reservation.
If 1 - 4 weeks notice is received prior to check in, a 50% of total booking cancellation fee will apply.
If less than 1 weeks notice is received prior to check in, no refunds will be given.
Guests checked in and vacating the premises before the completion of their reserved period will not be entitled to any refund. (exception: see Special COVID Cancellation policy). There are no reductions or refunds for any unneeded/unused transfers, meals or other components included in the package.
DO NOT COME TO VALHALLA IF YOU ARE SICK
Special COVID Cancellation Policy For Direct Bookings
This policy is in addition to the standard booking terms and conditions. Should any inconsistencies between these arise, this policy will take precedence.
Should Valhalla Lodge be open and able to accommodate you, but you have to cancel due to COVID restrictions/sickness:
For you and your room mate only:
· For cancellation at any time, an administration fee of $50 per room will be charged plus:
· A last minute/perishable catering fee of $100 per person for cancellation within 7 days of arrival
· A tour cancellation fee of $50 per tour if applicable
· *Should you have to depart the lodge during your stay due to COVID restrictions / sickness, we will refund you the remaining nights of your stay, less a $100 per person perishable catering fee and a $50 per person tour fee if applicable. The administration fee will not be charged in this instance.
Should Valhalla Lodge not be able to open to accommodate you due to COVID restrictions or sickness, a full refund will be given.
For Bookings Made Through A Third Party:
Please check your booking and cancellation policy with your booking agent/platform for non-direct bookings.
Tariff is inclusive of GST.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Policy Last Updated: 11 May 2022
Due to strict bed license restrictions, we must be notified of any children, infants and babies prior to check in. Pre-booking is essential, extra kids/infants/babies cannot be accommodated upon check in. Extra beds are limited and additional costs are involved. Kids 11 years and under eat dinner at the 6pm kids service. Older kids can eat at the 6pm service if pre-booked prior to arrival.
Check In Policy
PLEASE ADVISE your estimated time of arrival as the lodge is generally not staffed between 10:30am - 4pm.
An SMS with your front door code will be sent on the day prior to arrival to the mobile you provided upon booking. Please update your arrival time via return text should your estimated time of arrival change.
Check in is from 4pm.